The Palladium refit
27 January 2023
The three-year reconstruction of the Palladium shopping centre under the baton of Sentient has been successfully completed.
Sentient provided the services of project and cost management, quality control, technical tenant coordination and health and safety coordination on the project. This included a complex refit of the common areas and among other aspects:
- construction of a new floor level behind the main entrance,
- total reconstruction of the food court floor,
- new reception,
- unification and replacement of entrance canopies,
- modifications of the facade to match the shopping centre new design,
- a complete replacement of the common area lighting, including the installation of Preciosa designer lighting fixtures.
It was crucial to phase each stage of the project so that all the retail units could remain open the whole time, and the customers would not even notice that anything is going on. Most of the construction activities took place at night, and during the reconstruction period it was necessary to deal with a whole series of organizationally and technically demanding tasks as a result of working during the full operation of the centre.
As the project started in 2020, it was affected by the coronavirus measures and by the 2021 steep jump in construction costs which continued into 2022. Nevertheless, the reconstruction was completed to the required standard, on time and on budget.